1 hr 20 mins
Computer Chef's Note:
This is my favorite vegetable beef soup recipe. It can be thickened to a stew and stores well. Its even better the second day. I leave out the extra salt but you can season to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb stew meat, cut into smaller chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 -4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2-3/4 cup sliced carrot
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, diced fine
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1Sauté garlic in oil in large skillet.
- 2Cut meat into smaller chunks and brown meat in skillet; remove meat.
- 3Put meat, onion, carrots, stewed tomatoes, celery, potatoes into 4 quart dutch oven with 2 cups water; set aside.
- 4Make gravy: On med-low heat add flour to skillet and stir to brown flour but don’t burn it. Add beef broth and stir to simmer for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- 5Pour gravy into dutch oven. Bring to boil and then reduce heat and simmer covered till vegetables are done, 30-45 minutes typically. Remove lid and simmer 10-15 minutes if needed to thicken stew.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Sodium Vegetable Beef Soup
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.3
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 184.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-salt-added stewed tomatoes