Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A delightful, hearty minestrone in the crockpot using low-sodium V8 juice as a base...so flavorful that you don't need the salt!
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce (optional)
- 1 zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 small potato
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned white beans
- 46 ounces low-sodium tomato juice (such as V8)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- Pour V8 juice, water, spices, and soy sauce (if you're not watching your sodium intake too closely) into a 2.5 quart crockpot.
- Chop the onion, garlic, zucchini, carrots, celery, green beans, and potato; add to the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Before serving, stir in baby spinach and heat until wilted.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls (I prefer this soup in oversized cappuccino mugs) and serve with fresh salad and/or warm whole wheat rolls for a healthy and hearty meal.