Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
One thing we really miss now that we're trying to cut back on the sodium is canned soups. We never realized the amount of sodium we were consuming through the soups we purchased! This is strange sounding, and I made it quite by accident, but we think that, although it might not be as thick as canned soup, it certainly has the flavor. DH says it has more flavor than canned - an explosion of taste! Withdrawal symptoms are going away .....
- 1 cup low-sodium V8 juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- Crumble ricotta and add V-8 slowly, blending well.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder (if desired).
- Pop into the microwave for about 1 minute.