Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
With everyone in the house trying to eat healthier and with a slow cooker waiting to be broken in, I came up with this recipe on the fly. Works well with baked potato or rice.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 20 ounces low-sodium tomato soup, creamy (rec. Pacific Organic)
- 1 (28 ounce) can low sodium tomato
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium black beans, drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- In a wok, stir fry the diced onion with a tablespoon of oil until it begins to turn translucent.
- Add in the meat and the powdered spices (a little bit at a time, until you find a taste that works for you).
- Once the meat has browned, add in the creamy tomato soup and turn down the heat. You can continue to add spices at this point because what salt there is in the soup will bring out the other flavors and may change them slightly.
- While that is bubbling, puree the canned tomatoes with the garlic. Set aside.
- Pour the soup, meat, spices and onion into a 6 quart slow cooker. Add in the beans, and finally, the pureed tomato.
- Stir, cover, and cook on high for 4 hours.