4 hrs 15 mins
With everyone in the house trying to eat healthier and with a slow cooker waiting to be broken in, I came up with this recipe on the fly. Works well with baked potato or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 20 ounces low-sodium tomato soup, creamy (rec. Pacific Organic)
- 1 (28 ounce) can low sodium tomato
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium black beans, drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1In a wok, stir fry the diced onion with a tablespoon of oil until it begins to turn translucent.
- 2Add in the meat and the powdered spices (a little bit at a time, until you find a taste that works for you).
- 3Once the meat has browned, add in the creamy tomato soup and turn down the heat. You can continue to add spices at this point because what salt there is in the soup will bring out the other flavors and may change them slightly.
- 4While that is bubbling, puree the canned tomatoes with the garlic. Set aside.
- 5Pour the soup, meat, spices and onion into a 6 quart slow cooker. Add in the beans, and finally, the pureed tomato.
- 6Stir, cover, and cook on high for 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Sodium Slow Cooker Chili
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 132.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium garbanzo beans
low-sodium black beans