- 1 (28 ounce) can low-sodium tomato puree
- 16 fluid ounces low sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a suitable sized saucepan, whisk together all the ingredients until thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 25 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Refrigerate unused portion in airtight covered containers.