Recipe by echo echo
This is adapted from the low-sodium cookbook Lite Up Your Life by Waynell Harris & Sherry Whitehurst, but with a couple of alterations in seasonings (the changes don't add sodium). Harris & Whitehurst call this 12 servings, but I'd say it's more like 6 (it depends on how much other stuff you serve with it, I guess).
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Truly delicious, very easy to make, very adaptable, VERY healthy and the leftovers are easily reheated in the microwave. I sliced my vegetables rather than cubing them and added oregano and thyme. I also added 4 cloves of minced garlic. I'll be making this again. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) eggplants, unpeeled,cubed
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, unpeeled,cubed
- 1 medium onion, cut in wedges
- 1 lb fresh tomato, peeled and cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant minced garlic or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese