Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from the Nutrition Action Health Letter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups diced fresh plum tomatoes (about 2 lbs)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute Stir in the basil.