Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great recipe for those who love pizza but are on a low sodium diet.
Make and share this Low Sodium Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons Hunt's no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 cup hunt's no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup luke warm water
- becel salt-free margarine, melted
- garlic powder
- vegetables, & meat toppings of your choice
- 1 (200 g) packagepc goat's milk mozzarella cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small pot, mix together sauce ingredients.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sauce from heat and set aside to cool.
- Shred cheese, prepare vegetable and meat toppings, and set aside.
- Spray pizza pan with non stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Stir yeast and sugar into warm water. Let sit for 8 minutes. Mixture should start to foam slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, olive oil, and yeast mixture.
- Mix until blended. In order to keep the mixture dry or moist enough to work with, you may need to add flour or water,.
- Once mixed well, form into a ball.
- On a floured surface, pick dough ball up and throw down hard several times.
- With floured hands (using as little flour as possible) kneed for 2 minutes.
- Place dough in center of pizza pan.
- Using the palm of your hand, press dough out to edges of pan.
- Thumb print outside edge of crust.
- Place pan in preheated 425 º F oven for 10 minutes, then remove.
- In a small bowl mix melted margarine and small amount of Garlic powder.
- Brush margarine and garlic mixture on outside edge of crust.
- Spread sauce, sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes, then add shredded cheese, and toppings of your choice to pizza.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 425º F for 20 to 25 minutes.