Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Adapted from Donald Gazzaniga's No-Salt, Lowest-Sodium Cookbook. The last few times I've made it, I've used a bit of grated lemon peel instead of the lemon-herb seasoning. I generally don't include the Bac*O bits
- 10 medium red potatoes (4-5 inches in diameter) or 10 medium white potatoes, unpeeled, cooked just until tender and cooled (4-5 inches in diameter)
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 2 -3 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup broth (made with 1/4 tsp Low-Sodium Chicken or Vegetable Bouillon powder(I use Herb Ox brand) or 1⁄4 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 dash fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free lemon & herb seasoning, such as mrs. dash lemon & herb blend
- 2 teaspoons Bacos bacon bits (optional)
- Slice cooled potatoes (with skins) into chunks.
- Sauté the onion through dill together and set aside.
- Bring vinegar through sugar to a boil, remove from heat and add coriander through lemon-herb seasoning.
- Add broth to onion mixture, pour over potatoes and mix.
- Sprinkle Bac*Os over top.
- Serve warm or chill and serve cold.
Made for Zaar Tag. This was a good and easy recipe to make. I'll be making this in the summertime!