Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Heart Healthy Cookbook published by Barnes and Noble.
Make and share this Low-Sodium Homemade Ketchup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 12 ounces low-sodium tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Blend Onion and water in blender until liquefied.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the onion-water with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Allow to Cool
- Store in a tightly covered container or squeeze bottle in the refrigerator.
I've been on the hunt for a low sodium ketchup recipe and gave this one a shot. It's not that bad tasting but I don't care for it as a ketchup. I find that it reminds me of the taste of apple sauce but not ketchup. I used regular white vinegar and I made it as written (exactly).