Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is potato salad recipe my own creation. I had to recently alter my diet to a lower sodium diet and in that quest I came up with this recipe which is lower in sodium and most people do not even notice it. I get requests for this recipe at EVERY family function.
- 5 lbs potatoes (boiled, peeled, and chopped)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cups mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 4 tablespoons dried dill (please add more-I use a ton of it)
- 3 tablespoons dried chives (or 6 tablespoons of fresh chives)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (or to taste)
- Mix together and best when made the night ahead.
- All of the dried herbs can be substituted with fresh herbs. Sometimes use more than 1/2 jar real mayonnaise. I do not like my potato salad to be dry. I usually keep adding until it is VERY creamy. I do not add salt to this recipe but usually leave it up to the individual. Most people do not even realize that I have not added salt to this until I tell them.
Yum!!! I am currently on a low-soduim diet due to my pregnancy and high blood pressure and this was wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing.. I love this website, it's very helpful.. and also, you definetly do NOT need to use any salt for this, the taste is very flavorful. Will defintely keep this recipe around.
I made this for the 4th of July and it was a hit!
You are right, I didn't miss the salt. I used fresh chives and thought it was very good!