Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These low sodium bars are great for snacks or when you need that quick burst of energy. Enjoy!
- 4 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons hersheys no-sugar-added chocolate syrup
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- place all ingredients into large bowl and mix well.
- lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- place ingredients into pan.
- press mixture so its nice and even and flat it will end up being abaout 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- bake for 10 minute.
- remove and press mixture flat again.
- bake another 10 min and then remove from oven.
- at this point i usually press on it some more to make sure they are nice and packed.
- let bars cool then cut into small bar size portions and enjoy.
- keeps well in the fridge or on the counter in plastic wrap.
Our mobile home park has a coffee hour once a week & now they're trying to get a 2nd one going as well, & with a handful of neighbors hinting that I should make some tasty treat, I decided to share these since they were already on my kitchen schedule! Made 'em as given & got a few more than the indicated number of servings since I cut them into even smaller servings! Still they were scarfed down in no time at all, & these were adults, not kids! Thanks for posting a great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
These are pretty easy to make and taste quite good. They are very sweet though even without the chocolate syrup.