Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These low sodium bars are great for snacks or when you need that quick burst of energy. Enjoy!
Make and share this Low Sodium Chewy Granola Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons hersheys no-sugar-added chocolate syrup
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- place all ingredients into large bowl and mix well.
- lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- place ingredients into pan.
- press mixture so its nice and even and flat it will end up being abaout 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- bake for 10 minute.
- remove and press mixture flat again.
- bake another 10 min and then remove from oven.
- at this point i usually press on it some more to make sure they are nice and packed.
- let bars cool then cut into small bar size portions and enjoy.
- keeps well in the fridge or on the counter in plastic wrap.
Our mobile home park has a coffee hour once a week & now they're trying to get a 2nd one going as well, & with a handful of neighbors hinting that I should make some tasty treat, I decided to share these since they were already on my kitchen schedule! Made 'em as given & got a few more than the indicated number of servings since I cut them into even smaller servings! Still they were scarfed down in no time at all, & these were adults, not kids! Thanks for posting a great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
These are pretty easy to make and taste quite good. They are very sweet though even without the chocolate syrup.