Recipe by wnddrrwmnn
Being sodium sensitive, I find this is a nice alternative to the typical beef lentil soup.
- 946.0 ml water
- 453.59 g 96% lean ground beef
- 1304.07 g low-sodium tomato juice
- 236.59 ml dry lentils
- 473.18 ml green cabbage
- 236.59 ml carrot
- 236.59 ml celery rib
- 236.59 ml yellow onion
- 118.29 ml green pepper slices
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef.
- Shred cabbage, slice carrots, celery ribs, and chop yellow onions.
- Add all ingredients into a large stock pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 1 hr or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.