Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Having to live the "low sodium" lifestyle can be boring and flavorless until you discover zingy items like this barbecue sauce. I found this on a low sodium recipe site and I've made it even lower in sodium by changing a few of the ingredients.
- 1 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 1 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix together all ingredients in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the mixture is hot, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate any sauce not being immediately used.
Excellent recipe and taste!! Couldn't tell that it was low in sodium. Will definitely make again.
Excellent recipe. Do you know how long the sauce will last in the fridge for? I have enough for about 12 oz..
Fantastic low sodium recipe. I subbed honey for molasses and it was great!