1/3 Photos of Low Salt / Sodium Low Fat Turkey Sloppy Joes
If you're eating healthy and watching your salt this is the recipe for you. And if your a sloppy joe fan like me... well here you go. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2/3 cup onion
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Remove seeds from jalapeno peppers and dice.
- 2Dice onion and green pepper.
- 3Sauté onion, jalapenos and green pepper in EVO then set aside.
- 4Cook ground turkey crumbling into little pieces.
- 5Drain and return to pan.
- 6Over med-high heat add all of the ingredients into the pan.
- 7Stir mixture for 3-5 minute.
- 8Lower heat to low and simmer for 5-10 min to fuse flavors.
- 9Serve on either crusty rolls or hamburger buns.
- 10Leave out the jalapeno if you don't like it hot. If you do throw in 2 more.
- 11Additions: Try adding diced tomatoes or olives and top with cheese if you so desire.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Salt / Sodium Low Fat Turkey Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.5
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 154.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 16.8 g