Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My partner has been put on a low cholesterol, low sodium, low fat diet so I have tried to find and modify recipes to make our meal plan more interesting. This one has been a hit (requested regularly) so I thought I would share it. I serve with brown rice, wholemeal pasta or mashed potato.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 small chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika (I use 1tsp spanish and 1tsp hungarian)
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 courgette, diced
- 1 low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Pour Olive oil into a pan and sweat the onions for 5 minutes or till softened, then add garlic and chicken.
- Once chicken has cooked through (approx 15 minutes) add Oregano, Paprika and remaining vegetables, cook down for 5 minutes.
- Add soup, then top up with water until you are happy with the consistency, then simmer for 5 mins and serve over you favourite accompanying dish, or just with some fresh bread .