Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I made this for a work potluck and they loved it. It's simple and has minimal ingredients but explodes with flavor. The only real sodium is in the Horseradish sauce and that is usually a minimal amount. Just make sure your not using on of those small crock pots. Enjoy!
- 3 -4 lbs pot roast
- 6 -8 large red potatoes (white can also be used)
- 1 large chopped red onion
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 2 (4 g) packetsherb ox sodium-free beef bouillon granules
- 1 (4 ounce) jar horseradish sauce (more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cut roast into 1 inch cubes and place in large bowl.
- Cut potatos into 1 inch cubes and place in the same large bowl.
- Cut baby carrots in half to make them bite sized then you guessed it, place in the large bowl.
- Next place the chopped celery and onion into the bowl then mix it up and pour the meat and veggie mix into large crock pot.
- Now take remaining ingredients and mix in a small bowl or shaker. Shaker works best.
- Drizzle evenly over the top of the meat mixture in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours then eat. I prefer 10 hours to make it extra tender but it's done in 8 if you can't wait.
- Additional comments: You can add other ingredients or spices that you like but this just doesn't need it. If you like corn , a can could be added 1 hour prior to being done. For those that REALLY like horseradish like me you can use one of the big jars or 2 small ones. Mmm Mmmm.