Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Packaged ranch dressing mix is so incredibly versatile. It's also loaded with salt and MSG. I've found a lot of copycat recipes, but most of them still have a lot of salt in them. Here's my version. When mixing up dressing or dip, let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving to let it thicken and allow the flavors time to come out.
- Crumble saltines into a blender. Add onion flakes and parsley. Pulse until the mixture is a fine powder.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To make salad dressing, add 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons mix to 1 cup mayo and 1 cup buttermilk. Mix well.
- To make dip, add 2 to 3 tablespoons mix to one 16 oz container of sour cream. Mix well.