I started making this guac from scratch when I couldn't find one that I liked in the stores. Most of them are so salty or have too much cilantro, which I am not a fan of. I love this with multigrain scoops and a little sour cream!
- Cut open, pit and scrape avocado pulp into large mixing bowl.
- Mash with fork til chunky.
- Add in shallots, tomatoes, lime and lemon juice and pulp - mix well. Add in corn, and white pepper, mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors combine. Also, quick tip for anything with avocados - they brown in minutes, even with the lemon juice. Always cover tightly with plastic wrap before closing container. Let no air in, it will stay green!
- Serve with chips, salsa, sour cream. Put in mexican salads, serve with yellow rice and tacos. Enjoy!
I'm not much of a guacamole fan, but we had 15 attending one of my monthly groups, & I knew they'd enjoy it, so . . . . What I DID like about this version of the stuff is that included in it were the corn, onion, shallot & tomato, giving it the kind of flavor that I could enjoy as well! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
Refreshing and unusual. We have never put corn in our salsa before but it was colorful and good. Made for PAC 2011 Fall.