Recipe by Fat Free Queen
If you like egg rolls, then you'll love my almost fat free recipe. These are just as good as a restaurants and easy to make.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these to take to a potluck the other day, & just before serving them, I cut the rolls in half so that more people could have a taste! For myself, I wasn't that eager to include the chopped pepper, but I did, & everyone else seemed to enjoy them a lot, so I can't argue with that! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 0.5 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach (defrosted and drained)
- 3 slices fat-free cheddar cheese (or any other cheese)
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup white rice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free vegetarian refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chipotle peppers or 1⁄4 cup dried crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tofu into moderate chunks and pan fry with onions untill golden brown on all sides.
- Pan fry rice in a souce pan untill golden and then add a cup of water to cook ( frying will make the texture of the rice a little firmer).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After tofu and rice is cooked, begin to make your egg rolls; there are directions on the package on how to roll them and also pictures in case you get confused.
- Place wrap in front of you in a diamond shape and spread beans in the middle of it. Add peppers, cilantro, spinach, tofu and onions, rice, then finally top with thin peices of the cheese slices.
- Be careful not to add too much cheese because it will melt out of the wrapper.
- Finally fold the peice closest to you over the insides and tuck tightly. Fold the outer corners in then roll to form the egg roll.
- Place onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown ( I spray 9 calorie butter spray casually to make them cripier).
- Take out, cool, and enjoy.