- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade (use low sugar)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade (use low sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400F and put paper liners in 12 muffin cups.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Mix the milk, juice,1/3 cup marmalade, egg substitute and peel, mix well.
- Add juice mixture to dry ingredients and mix only until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Divide among the cups.
- Add a dab of orange marmalade to the top of each muffin and with a tooth pick.
- swirl it around the batter so it looks a bit like a ribbon running around the muffin.
- Bake muffins until tops are firm& golden about 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.