I came up with this variation on the Angel food cake in a quest to make the original even more bathing suit-season friendly. It has very little flour, which is usually the culprit of the high carb, and calories that are found in cakes and breads. I hope you like it...
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl beat eggwhites until they become frothy.
- Add cream of tartar to eggwhites and beat until stiff peaks form. Next sprinkle sugar and Splenda/or twin carefully over the eggs until blended.
- Add vanilla to the egg white mixture.
- With hand mixer on med/low speed, slowly sprinkle flour mixture into eggs, aprox 1 tbsp at a time, mixing as each is added.
- When all mixed together, pour into med cake pan or into individual cupcake papers and bake until top springs up when poked; approx 25 minutes.
This cake WAS a total waste of time and ingredients. I followed the recipe exactly. It came out flat and chewy and gross!
Delicious!!!! This was very good for a low fat, low cal snack. I made about 7 large muffins.
AWESOME! Used 1 tbs. vanilla and 1/4 tsp. high quality orange oil fluffy,yummy Appreciate the recipe! Gonna try with all splenda next time! Thank you~Thank You