1/1 Photo of Low Low Cal Angel Food Cake
I came up with this variation on the Angel food cake in a quest to make the original even more bathing suit-season friendly. It has very little flour, which is usually the culprit of the high carb, and calories that are found in cakes and breads. I hope you like it...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl mix together flour and baking powder.
- 3In a large bowl beat eggwhites until they become frothy.
- 4Add cream of tartar to eggwhites and beat until stiff peaks form. Next sprinkle sugar and Splenda/or twin carefully over the eggs until blended.
- 5Add vanilla to the egg white mixture.
- 6With hand mixer on med/low speed, slowly sprinkle flour mixture into eggs, aprox 1 tbsp at a time, mixing as each is added.
- 7When all mixed together, pour into med cake pan or into individual cupcake papers and bake until top springs up when poked; approx 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Low Cal Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 129.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g