Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
So I decided to try the GI (Glycemic Index) diet, and I found this recipe on the official web site for Rick Gallop's book, http://www.gidiet.com/en-us/recipes.php?recipe=Southwest+Chicken+Salad . As I understand it, this recipe was submitted to Mr. Gallop by one of his readers. I've made a couple of slight changes, to suit my taste.
Layer in a bowl in the following order
- 946.36 ml mixed greens
- 0 red onion, finely diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 396.89 g can black beans, drained and rinsed or 473.18 ml cooked black beans
- 59.14 ml chopped cilantro
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, diced
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 118.29 ml shredded fat-free cheddar cheese or 118.29 ml shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, to taste
- 0.19-0.32 ml lime juice
Dressing served on the side
- 118.29 ml fat free sour cream
- 118.29 ml fat-free mayonnaise
- baked corn tortilla chips, to garnish
- Season chicken with chili powder and garlic powder.
- Sauté diced chicken in olive oil or olive oil spray till done.
- Layer all ingredients except for dressing ingredients.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and salsa and serve on the side.
- Top with tortilla chips.
Never has "diet" food been so good. This has become a family favorite....Mimi