So I decided to try the GI (Glycemic Index) diet, and I found this recipe on the official web site for Rick Gallop's book, http://www.gidiet.com/en-us/recipes.php?recipe=Southwest+Chicken+Salad . As I understand it, this recipe was submitted to Mr. Gallop by one of his readers. I've made a couple of slight changes, to suit my taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Layer in a bowl in the following order
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed or 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, diced
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, to taste
- 3 -5 drops lime juice
Dressing served on the side
- 1Season chicken with chili powder and garlic powder.
- 2Sauté diced chicken in olive oil or olive oil spray till done.
- 3Layer all ingredients except for dressing ingredients.
- 4Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and salsa and serve on the side.
- 5Top with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Gi Southwest Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 317.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese