Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the GI news blog. It's quite a tasty meal, when I'm lazy I'll just throw it all together and make a big salad.
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 800 g skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pears, washed and finely diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 ounces lettuce leaves
- Combine the sesame oil, coriander and cumin in a bowl. Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces and toss in the marinade mix. Thread onto 8 skewers and heat a barbecue or grill. Cook the kebabs over medium heat, turning occasionally, for 6–8 minutes or until cooked through. Loosely cover and keep warm while you prepare the salsa.
- For the salsa, combine the pears, onion and celery in a bowl. For the dressing, place the chive, lemon juice, mustard, avocado and water in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place an equal amount of lettuce leaves on each serving plate, top with the kebabs (allow 2 per person), drizzle with the dressing and serve with the pear salsa.