Prep 5 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Not your typical brownie! Very dark.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup hersheys dark cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 f. Toss all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Scrape batter into greased baking pan, 13x9 or similar.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in fridge.
I made this exactly as written and I'm not sure what happened, but it didn't turn out too well. The batter tasted ok, but after they baked it didn't taste the same. I wanted to like these because of the low GI, but alas... neither I or my family took more than a bite. :(