Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This goes well with any meat or poultry, but is also great on its own. Points...6.
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 whole egg, plus
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups shredded zucchini or 2 medium squash
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion, about 4,green and white parts
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, one-half cup of the parmesan cheese, the mayonnaise, whole egg and egg white, salt and pepper.
- Add the rice, zucchini, and scallions and stir into the cheese until evenly blended.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared casserole.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the rice mixture, followed by the remaining parmesan.
- Bake the casserole, uncovered, 30 minutes, until it is hot and lightly browned on top.