Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My lower fat version.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 2 -3 cups finely grated zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup enova oil
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups, or grease muffin tin.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- In a larger bowl, mix the eggs, zucchini, oil, applesauce, and vanilla with a large spoon.
- Then very gently stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients just until moistened. Do NOT over-stir, or they will be dry and tough.
- Divide batter evenly among cups.
- Bake until the tops spring back when pressed gently in the center, about 15-18 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Cool in the pan on a wire cake rim for 10 minutes before removing from cups.