Recipe by Haversac
A delicious zucchini bread no one will guess is healthy!
Top Review by PumpKIM
Great zucchini bread! I didn't realize that I didn't have any sour cream until I had already started baking, so I used 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce instead. It still worked out really well, but I advise anyone who tries my method to also cut back on the sugar a bit. Otherwise, this is a really great recipe! It definitely needs to cool before eating as the flavors blend much better!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (I like to use 1 c. whole wheat and 1/2c unbleached)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or 1/2c. sugar & 1/2 c. splenda)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup zucchini, unpeeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Prepare pan a 8 x 4x 2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and flour; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl, combine zucchini, sour cream, egg white, and lemon peel.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 minutes.