Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious zucchini bread no one will guess is healthy!
Make and share this Low Fat Zucchini Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (I like to use 1 c. whole wheat and 1/2c unbleached)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or 1/2c. sugar & 1/2 c. splenda)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup zucchini, unpeeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Prepare pan a 8 x 4x 2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and flour; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl, combine zucchini, sour cream, egg white, and lemon peel.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 minutes.
Great zucchini bread! I didn't realize that I didn't have any sour cream until I had already started baking, so I used 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce instead. It still worked out really well, but I advise anyone who tries my method to also cut back on the sugar a bit. Otherwise, this is a really great recipe! It definitely needs to cool before eating as the flavors blend much better!
TOO DRY!!!!! Not sure how to fix so just moving on.
This turned out very well and was just what I was looking for to use up extra zucchini. My only changes were I used low fat yogurt cheese instead of the sour cream, egg substitute and didn't have any cardamom. I also just notice it said unpeeled zucchini and I peeled mine but none of my changes made it any less yummy, at least to me!