Recipe by Jane Gib
This is a recipe that I came up with because my husband cannot have any fat in his diet. If you can have fat, use olive oil instead of the applesauce. Times are approximate.
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 1 cup rice
- 8 ounces tuna
- 1 potato, sliced
- 400 g tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- boil or steam the carrots, potatoes, zucchini and rice.
- in the applesauce, gently fry the onions, tomato and garlic. add half the zucchini and carrot.
- To the rice add the tuna and mix well.
- make a layer of the potatoes, zucchini, carrots and eggplant.
- Next layer add the rice and tuna.
- Next layer the onion and tomato sauce.
- Repeat as necessary until all is used.
- Bake in oven until tender.