Recipe by Jeri Roth Lande
Lower fat, nondairy brownies that still taste good. I've been experimenting with Z trim. Some recipes work better than others, but this came out great. The kids ate it and didn't even notice. UPDATE - Z trim is no longer available to the public - only to food manufacturers. I have changed the recipe to use chia seed gel instead, but I can't change the name without messing up the entry.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Make chia gel by mixing the seeds into 1/2 cup water. Let sit at least 15 min, mixing occasionally. You can also make this in advance and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with Pam.
- Melt chocolate and margarine in microwave in small bowl.
- Beat together the eggs, chia gel, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and stir.
- Add flour and stir just until blended.
- Pour into pan and bake for 35 minute.
- Cool and cut into squares.