Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Great dessert for the calorie and fat counters like me!
Make and share this Low-Fat Yogurt Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- I've used a strawberry flavored soy yogurt.
- Pour the gelatin leafs into a cold water for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the yogurt with the sugar into a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat about a minute, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Squeeze the softened gelatin leafs from the water and dissolve into a small saucepan with 2 tbsp of water over low heat. Remove from the heat and add to the yogurt mixture, stir well. Divide the mixture into an individual silicon pudding caps and pour into the refrigerator. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn onto a serving dishes and serve with a whipped whipping cream or melted chocolate.
I used strawberry yogurt for this. At first, it felt kinda weird to have this gelatin texture in yogurt, but when I got past it, it was alright. My kids really liked it. Overall, I really like the idea of yogurt and jello together and I will be using this recipe again with different flavors of yogurt. Thank you for posting! Made for Spring PAC '09.