Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one I came up with as a variation of mashed potatoes with sour cream. By substituting fat free or low fat plain yogurt you can reduce the fat in this favourite without compromising on flavour.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt or 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 onion, finely minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Boil the potatoes in water till tender. Mince the onions finely.
- Peel them when hot.
- Mash the potatoes with a ricer/fork.
- Let them cool a bit.
- Add the salt and pepper, onions, then add the yogurt and the parsley.
I found this recipe in Cuisine Tonight magazine and came to post after making it and found this - YEAH!! don't have to post!! It's close with only some minor changes that I think really add to it. Added ` tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest and minced scallions instead of onions. It was awesome. Served with Greek Chicken Cutlets and made for a wonderful fresh, dinner that was pretty enough for company.
Way too bland. I had to add parmesan, garlic powder, etc.
I used 2 cups of plain fat-free yoghurt and 1 1/2 onions, and, 4 tbsps. of parsley. This was very good as a side dish. Thank you!