Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my version of a slim down Squash Casserole!! Very Good!!
Make and share this Low Fat Yellow Squash Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 cups squash
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup milk (eyeballed for consistency)
- 10 (1/2 ounce) cans cream of broccoli soup
- 1⁄2-1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- cajun seasoning
- cook squash and onion in about a tablespoon of butter with seasonings.
- when done lightly mash mixture.
- combine milk and soup mix well and add squash mixture.
- put in a baking dish and layer breadcrumbs then cheese.
- cook in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Super tasty! That cajun seasoning makes this exceptional. Since there was no amount listed, I used about 1/2 tsp. I didn't measure my squash, I just used the 1 3/4 lbs that I had. As for the milk, I barely needed 1/4 cup and it was not dry at all. This is excellent. Thanx for sharing!