Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Have you ever thought it's possible to bake a delicious, moist, low fat yellow cake? well, yes it is! I made some experiments in the kitchen and came out with this unbelievably amazing yellow. Very easy to prepare. Here it is, finally!!!
- 150 g butter (melted)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Dump corner of paper towel in butter and grease baking pan, square or round.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl #1 using a hand mixer (high speed).
- Manually, mix all ingredients in bowl #2.
- Spoon one spoon of flour mixture and evenly flour the greased baking pan.
- Gradually and alternately add mixture #1 & #3 to flour mixture, using a hand mixer (medium-low speed), until mixture is homogenous and smooth - it's not a thin mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes until cake is ready: golden-brown, dry and bouncy to touch.