Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My kids LOVE the higher fat version of this recipe, and I wanted to try to slim it down a little bit.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package turkey pepperoni
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup 2% mozzarella cheese (Shredded)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat crescent rolls
- dried oregano
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Chop pepperoni slices.
- In a small bowl, stir together pepperoni, cream cheese, and the 1/4 cup cheese until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease an extra large baking sheet (or regular -- whatever).
- Unroll flat and separate crescent rolls, place half on the baking sheet. Spoon 1 tablespoon of pepperoni cheese mixture in the center of each triangle.
- Top triangles with the other rolls (to make a sort of pita type thing) Press edges together tightly to seal.
- Fold the bottom (short edge) of the triangle to create the "brim" of the hat. Prick the dough a few times with a fork.
- Sprinkle with a tad of cheese and italian seasoning/oregano/crushed red pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Serve with sauce for dipping if you want. This would make 8 calzones.