Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wanted to have something that was healthy but sweet and Low in Fat messed around with loads of other recipes and came up with this mix
- 160 g self rising flour
- 160 g whole meal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 200 ml low-fat milk
- 25 g margarine
- 8 drops lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Sieve the self rising flour and the whole meal flour together. Mix by letting it flow through your fingers for air.
- Add the baking soda and continue to mix.
- Next chop the margarine into small cm squares and drop into the mix. Break down the margarine with your fingers till all of the clumps are gone.
- Add 8 drops of lemon juice to the milk. Then slowly add the low fat milk into the mix. I use a knife to work in the milk to keep as much air in the mix.
- Continue adding milk until mix is moist and add in the honey.
- Powder you chopping board with flour and kneed the mix for a few second so as not to force out the air. Maneuver the mix like a pizza base and lay flat on board.
- Cut into 6 - 8 pieces and roll into shape about 1" to 1 &1/2 " thick and place on floured baking tray.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy!