Recipe by Paul Mooney
Wanted to have something that was healthy but sweet and Low in Fat messed around with loads of other recipes and came up with this mix
- 160 g self rising flour
- 160 g whole meal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 200 ml low-fat milk
- 25 g margarine
- 8 drops lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Sieve the self rising flour and the whole meal flour together. Mix by letting it flow through your fingers for air.
- Add the baking soda and continue to mix.
- Next chop the margarine into small cm squares and drop into the mix. Break down the margarine with your fingers till all of the clumps are gone.
- Add 8 drops of lemon juice to the milk. Then slowly add the low fat milk into the mix. I use a knife to work in the milk to keep as much air in the mix.
- Continue adding milk until mix is moist and add in the honey.
- Powder you chopping board with flour and kneed the mix for a few second so as not to force out the air. Maneuver the mix like a pizza base and lay flat on board.
- Cut into 6 - 8 pieces and roll into shape about 1" to 1 &1/2 " thick and place on floured baking tray.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy!