Paul Mooney's Note:
Wanted to have something that was healthy but sweet and Low in Fat messed around with loads of other recipes and came up with this mix
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- 2Sieve the self rising flour and the whole meal flour together. Mix by letting it flow through your fingers for air.
- 3Add the baking soda and continue to mix.
- 4Next chop the margarine into small cm squares and drop into the mix. Break down the margarine with your fingers till all of the clumps are gone.
- 5Add 8 drops of lemon juice to the milk. Then slowly add the low fat milk into the mix. I use a knife to work in the milk to keep as much air in the mix.
- 6Continue adding milk until mix is moist and add in the honey.
- 7Powder you chopping board with flour and kneed the mix for a few second so as not to force out the air. Maneuver the mix like a pizza base and lay flat on board.
- 8Cut into 6 - 8 pieces and roll into shape about 1" to 1 &1/2 " thick and place on floured baking tray.
- 9Place in pre-heated oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Wholemeal/Honey Scones
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 516.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g