Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Low fat & heart healthy ... that says it all! You won't be disappointed.
Make and share this Low Fat - Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (1/2 sugar & 1/2 splenda)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I use Himalayan salt, but you can use the regular)
- 1 cup milk (1% or non-fat milk)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a non-stick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, canola oil, vanilla and egg.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add milk, oil, vanilla and egg mixture.
- Stir until just moist. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.