Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe calls for white kidney beans, but any white bean could be used. Serve with fresh wedges of pita bread for dunking. I got this recipe from Looneyspoons
- 15 ounces white kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with fresh wedges of pita bread for dunking.
I liked this recipe; it's similar to hummus but more like a dip (as the title indicates :-)) than a spread. I thought it was a bit too sour; I think the combination of sour cream and lemon juice put it a bit over the edge and I'd probably use 2 tb of lemon juice next time. Other than that, this was very nice. Thanks for posting!