Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Ossg Recipes. I plan to use Splenda in place of the sugar.
- First, you need to get the milk to a cold enough temperature to whip. This.
- is easiest done by pouring it into a shallow tray, bowl, or ice cube trays.
- and placing in the freezer until you see crystals begin to form around the.
- While the milk is chilling, combine the gelatin and water in a dish, without.
- stirring. Place the dish in a small saucepan or dish containing hot water.
- and let stand until the gelatin dissolves - about 5 minutes. Remove dish.
- from the hot water, stir the gelatin and allow to cool.
- Beat the milk in a medium size bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually add.
- the sugar, oil, and then gelatin mixture. Continue beating until stiff peaks.
- form again. Cover and place in freezer for 10 minutes, then transfer to.
- refrigerator. The mixture will become very stiff.
- Before serving, stir to soften. Will keep 3 days covered in refrigerator.
This gets an A for effort. It does whip up right, and the texture is like whipped cream, but it doesn't taste like it. It took about 20 minutes to chill it up to the right thickness first in the freezer, then it whipped up to a huge amount. The directions could definitely be made easier to read as well, especially if the sentences weren't constantly being broken apart mid-sentence.