Recipe by Pabbit
Warm salads are usually involved and fat laden. This one is neither! Time does not include boiling eggs.
Top Review by Waylando
Why would you just throw away the yolks? And why not make your own honey mustard dressing? Olive oil is a heart healthy Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL), so you shouldn't be afraid to use it. A simple dressing is 2 T Grey Poupon 2 T White Wine Vinegar 1 T Honey 1/4 cup Olive Oil salt and pepper
- 12 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 purple onion
- 1⁄2 cup fat free honey mustard dressing
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve the purple onion and slice thin.
- Halve the eggs.
- Remove the yolks and discard.
- Slice the whites.
- Combine onion, dressing and egg whites.
- Microwave for 90 seconds (microwaves vary).
- Stir lightly to coat eggs and onions.
- Toss warm dressing with spinach.
- Note: amount of onion is subject to taste.
- Note: calorie and fat calculation will include yolks.
- They are about 55 calories, all fat.