Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Warm salads are usually involved and fat laden. This one is neither! Time does not include boiling eggs.
- 12 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 purple onion
- 1⁄2 cup fat free honey mustard dressing
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Halve the purple onion and slice thin.
- Halve the eggs.
- Remove the yolks and discard.
- Slice the whites.
- Combine onion, dressing and egg whites.
- Microwave for 90 seconds (microwaves vary).
- Stir lightly to coat eggs and onions.
- Toss warm dressing with spinach.
- Note: amount of onion is subject to taste.
- Note: calorie and fat calculation will include yolks.
- They are about 55 calories, all fat.
Why would you just throw away the yolks? And why not make your own honey mustard dressing? Olive oil is a heart healthy Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL), so you shouldn't be afraid to use it. A simple dressing is 2 T Grey Poupon 2 T White Wine Vinegar 1 T Honey 1/4 cup Olive Oil salt and pepper