I've made this old Campbells soup recipe into a lower fat version. The homemade Cream of Celery soup is totally diary free. Its delicious and very healthy. Enjoy!
My Private Note
piece o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water (first 6 ingredients is for homemade cream of celery soup)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery leaves
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 slices low-fat American cheese
- 4 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, 20 sprays
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Wheat Thins crackers, crushed up
- 1make the cream of celery soup with first 6 ingredients (water, potatoes, carrots, celery, celery leaves, s&p). dice veggies up very small, put in a sauce pan with the 2 cups of water and s&p, cook covered for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Put all the water and veggies in a blender and blend until a nice smooth cream of celery soup consistancy.
- 2In 3 quart oblong baking dish, place chicken, top with cheese.
- 3Stir soup and spread over cheese; top with tomato.
- 4Combine I Can't Beleive Its Not Butter spray and R/F Wheat Thin Crackers to moisten the Wheat thin crackers, sprinkle over tomato.
- 5Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce is bubbly and R/F Wheat Thin crackers are browned.
- 6Serve over rice (or Brown Rice). Or for lower fat option serve over a bed of steamed veggies such as broccoli and cauliflower. Or serve with a small baked potato.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Version of Cambells Chicken, Cheese and Tomato Bake
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 171.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat American cheese
reduced-fat Wheat Thins crackers