Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've made this old Campbells soup recipe into a lower fat version. The homemade Cream of Celery soup is totally diary free. Its delicious and very healthy. Enjoy!
- 2 cups water (first 6 ingredients is for homemade cream of celery soup)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 slices low-fat American cheese
- 4 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, 20 sprays
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat Wheat Thins crackers, crushed up
- make the cream of celery soup with first 6 ingredients (water, potatoes, carrots, celery, celery leaves, s&p). dice veggies up very small, put in a sauce pan with the 2 cups of water and s&p, cook covered for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Put all the water and veggies in a blender and blend until a nice smooth cream of celery soup consistancy.
- In 3 quart oblong baking dish, place chicken, top with cheese.
- Stir soup and spread over cheese; top with tomato.
- Combine I Can't Beleive Its Not Butter spray and R/F Wheat Thin Crackers to moisten the Wheat thin crackers, sprinkle over tomato.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce is bubbly and R/F Wheat Thin crackers are browned.
- Serve over rice (or Brown Rice). Or for lower fat option serve over a bed of steamed veggies such as broccoli and cauliflower. Or serve with a small baked potato.