24 hrs 45 mins
This is a recipe I got from someone I worked with many years ago. It was always wonderful! The recipe I have calls for Cajun Gunpowder (which you can find online), but this system doesn't recognize the name and won't let me add it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups slightly diluted chicken stock
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 4 peeled whole potatoes
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons cajun spices
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 gallon 2% low-fat milk
- 4 cups thawed frozen corn
- turkey bacon
- 1Simmer diced potatoes in diluted chicken stock until the potatoes start to become fork tender.
- 2Melt margarine in a saute pan then, over high heat, add chopped onion, peppers, celery, garlic and green onions.
- 3Saute five mintues, then turn heat to medium.
- 4Add Cajun spices and saute until onions become translucent. If veggies start to burn, reduce heat.
- 5Add white wine and bring to a boil.
- 6Add saute mixture to the potatoes and chicken stock.
- 7Boil whole potatoes until very tender. Puree in a food processor with 1/2 cup of the milk.
- 8Add to the stock.
- 9Bring to a simmer, then add corn and remainder of the milk.
- 10Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 11Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- 12Garnish with turkey bacon bits.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Version Cajun Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 208.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: