1/1 Photo of Low-Fat Velvety Cauliflower Soup (Kosher-Dairy)
Smadar's Sane Way Cc's Note:
A great satisfying savory soup with gentle creamy texture for a dairy meal, or a ‎light meal, with or without company... ‎ Very easy to prepare, and in less than 30 minutes the aroma gathers everybody ‎to the table.‎ Enjoy!‎
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g cauliflower heads, - 1 x-large chopped roughly
- 200 g celery & leaves, about 3 stalks chopped
- 75 g onions, about 1/2 chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 20 g flour, - 2 stuffed tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon chicken consomme, Chicken Style Pareve
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, fresh
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- pepper, freshly grounded
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot.
- 2Add the chopped celery and onion, sprinkle with a dash of salt, and fry over medium-high heat.
- 3When the onion and celery are soft and you can smell the aroma, move them to one side of the pot and melt the butter on the other side.
- 4Sprinkle the flour and cream of tartar on the melted butter, and combine to a smooth dough using a wooden spoon.
- 5Add a small amount of water and diluite the dough. Make sure there are no lumps.
- 6Slowly add the rest of the water and combine all.
- 7Add consomme and mix.
- 8Add cauliflowers and mix.
- 9Add thyme and milk and mix.
- 10Taste and add salt and freshly grounded pepper.
- 11Bring to a boil: be careful it might boil-over!
- 12Lower heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer for additional 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is al-dente but not mushy.
- 13At this stage you may serve the soup as it is or you may mash using a hand blender, or roughly mush using potato masher.
- 14Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Velvety Cauliflower Soup (Kosher-Dairy)
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 57.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: