Recipe by Smadar's Sane Way Cc
A great satisfying savory soup with gentle creamy texture for a dairy meal, or a ‎light meal, with or without company... ‎ Very easy to prepare, and in less than 30 minutes the aroma gathers everybody ‎to the table.‎ Enjoy!‎
- 700 g cauliflower heads, - 1 x-large chopped roughly
- 200 g celery & leaves, about 3 stalks chopped
- 75 g onions, about 1/2 chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 20 g flour, - 2 stuffed tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon chicken consomme, Chicken Style Pareve
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, fresh
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- pepper, freshly grounded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the chopped celery and onion, sprinkle with a dash of salt, and fry over medium-high heat.
- When the onion and celery are soft and you can smell the aroma, move them to one side of the pot and melt the butter on the other side.
- Sprinkle the flour and cream of tartar on the melted butter, and combine to a smooth dough using a wooden spoon.
- Add a small amount of water and diluite the dough. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Slowly add the rest of the water and combine all.
- Add consomme and mix.
- Add cauliflowers and mix.
- Add thyme and milk and mix.
- Taste and add salt and freshly grounded pepper.
- Bring to a boil: be careful it might boil-over!
- Lower heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer for additional 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is al-dente but not mushy.
- At this stage you may serve the soup as it is or you may mash using a hand blender, or roughly mush using potato masher.
- Serve hot and enjoy!