Recipe by Meghan
A vegetarian, low fat meal that that is creamy and cravable.
Top Review by hugs7_kisses51
This is the best enchiladas I have ever had in my whole life. Since becoming a vegetarian a few years ago i haven't had any enchiladas since this recipe and it was fabulous. I even made it for my meat eating friends and they couldn't believe that there was no meat in it. IT IS FABULOUS and now it is a regular on the menu. THANKS!!!!!!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) box Boca meatless ground burger
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 whole wheat tortillas, i use the ten inch size
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté garlic and one onion in a non-stick pan until soft.
- Add ground burger, taco seasoning, and water. Cook thru and remove from pan for later use.
- Saute second onion in pan until soft.
- Add beans, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, cumin, chili powder, bring to boil then simmer for 15 minutes, or to desired consistency.
- Stir in sour cream, remove from heat.
- Divide meat mixture among the 6 tortillas and roll up.
- Place rolled tortillas in ungreased, 12x8 casserole dish.
- Pour bean sauce evenly over tortillas.
- Top with green onions, then cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.