Top Review by bunnylove in NEW ENGLAND
Haven't tried this recipe yet, but plan on doing so this weekend. I was looking for something just like this, as I really need to eat lower cholesterol and fat. Will rate soon
- 12 ounces uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canready to serve vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup diced potato, 1/4 dice
- 1 cup diced zucchini, 1/4 dice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, just until al dente.
- Heat broth to boiling in 2 quart saucepan.
- Stir in carrot and potato; cook 2 to 4 minutes until crisp tender.
- Stir in zucchini and broccoli; cook 1 minute.
- Drain vegetables, reserving liquid.
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Mix vegetables, basil, 1 tablespoon of cheese and 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
- Fill cooked shells with mixture.
- Pour reserved vegetable liquid into a square baking dish, 8X8 inches.
- Place shells in dish.
- Mix remaining cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle over shells.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crumb mixture is golden brown.
- When serving, spoon liquid over shells.