Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love this 'easy to make' homemade sauce. It's bursting with all of the veggies that I love.
Make and share this Low Fat Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 709.77 ml button mushrooms, fresh and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 226.79 g stewed tomatoes
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 59.14 ml parsley
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml dried basil
- 473.18 ml zucchini, diced
- Cook mushrooms,garlic and onion in hot olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce,tomatoes,wine,parsley,sugar and herbs.
- Bring to a boil,then reduce heat and simmer,uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in zucchini and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Serve over spaghetti.