Recipe by Bev
A soup so delicious and easy andn low fat, too! an excellent soup to serve anytime! From Bon Appetite, 1995.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This soup was so wonderful Bev. We ate about half of it and I froze the rest. It is full of so many good things and is healthy as well. I really crave good soup in the fall and wintertime and this hit the spot. Very well seasoned and easy to make. Thanks.
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) russet potatoes, peeled,cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes, with added puree
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- additional chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, onion and potato in heavy large Dutch oven.
- Add vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, 3 tablespoons parsley, cilantro, garlic, basil and oregano.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Strain cooking liquid into large saucepan; reserve vegetables.
- Place 3 cups vegetables in blender.
- Add 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Puree until smooth.
- Stir puree into remaining cooking liquid in saucepan.
- Return remaining vegetables to cooking liquid.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared 5 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Bring soup to simmer.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Sprinkle with additional parsley.
- Serves 8.